If you’re like me, you hang on to every smallest morsel of F4F information that your brain can absorb. But with the advent of the weekly First4Figures Q&A Chat, it’s become really difficult for collectors who don’t have two hours or more each week to listen to the Q&A. And so, during the weeks when I have the opportunity to do so myself, I want to start recapping the Q&A here with every tidbit that my little fingers can jot down during the chat session. I encourage everyone to watch the full Q&A chat video if they have the time to do so, but if not, here’s a compilation of some of the tastiest nuggets from the 6/30/2017 F4F Q&A #26…
- Nothing to share about future First4Figures Zelda Breath of the Wild statues right now.
- Next F4F Zelda statue up for pre-order will be True Form Midna or the Sheikah slate–development on True Form Midna has been a nightmare.
- King of Red Lions & Wind Waker Link statue is getting on the boat “soon-ish”. May arrive at F4F HQ around end of July.
On Nintendo Mario & Metroid Statues
- If produced, Donkey Kong would be part of the F4F Mario series and not the start of a Donkey Kong line.
- The F4F Bowser statue has been sent to Nintendo for approval.
- Optimistic about Bowser statue sales–first Mario character dressed in their classic “clothes” (or no clothes, as the case may be).
- Bowser Exclusive is awesome.
- 95% of people are keeping their Lucky Cat Mario orders despite imperfections.
- Retailer wholesale orders for Varia Suit Samus statue may be cancelled due to increasing production costs from the factory–orders direct from F4F are safe.
- F4F is very happy with the response to the Exclusive Crash Bandicoot PVC statue thus far–will definitely look into EX versions for future PVC statues.
- An alternate Aku Aku Mask face for the resin Crash Classic statue has been considered; lukewarm on that idea right now. Life-size Aku Aku Mask is in development, however.
- Wings for Spyro the Dragon statue were revealed (see screenshots). Spyro is scheduled to be the next statue up for order, in July 2017.
- “If Guts sells well, we’ll do it all.”
- Unpainted Guts statue will debut at Anime Expo 2017. Exclusive Guts will be revealed there as well.
- Skull Knight is already deep in development with the pose done.
- Can’t help Guts being put up for sale at the same time as other companies’–development takes a long time, and there’s no way of knowing what other companies have in the works.
- Tekken 3 Yoshimitsu is already done and will absolutely go up for order.
- Will talk about re-opening orders for Marshall Law when King is in-hand and the production videos of Jin have been posted.
- 3-D Sculpt of Nina Williams is already done–will see how pre-orders for Yoshimitsu statue go before moving forward with a physical sculpt.
- New line of Dark Souls Replica Rings up for order today in partnership with Torch Torch. Made of Sterling Silver and contain Swarovski crystals.
On Sonic The Hedgehog & SEGA All-Stars (Reala and Aika)
- Pose for Modern Metal Sonic statue has been scrapped–resculpted pose hasn’t been completed yet.
- Aika from Skies of Arcadia may be a TT poll in the future, depending upon the sales of the NiGHTS Reala statue.
- “Concerned as hell” about the sales for Aika/Reala–it’s very painful for F4F financially in months where the statue pre-orders are low (a la Fighter Kirby).
- NiGHTS/Skies of Arcadia are very niche and have little hype behind them–Reala and Aika were developed when F4F had a staff of 3 employees to support and not 20.
On TT (Temptation Thursday) Polls
- Hellsing received the necessary amount of votes to convert from a TT poll to a real license that F4F is interested in creating statues for, although there’s been no movement on the license yet since the schedule is so full at the moment.
- Darksiders is also close to reaching the prerequisite number of votes for consideration.
- The next TT on 7/6/2017 will be to Vault or not to Vault Warp Star Kirby.
- This week’s TT poll is saying “no” to a Hitman statue right now.
- The 7/13/2017 TT poll will be for Metal Gear Solid.
- The 7/20/2017 TT poll will be for the anime Claymore.
On Various Anime Statue Lines
- Kamina from Gurren Lagann is being resculpted with a new pose because of a recent PVC statue from another company being released with the pose F4F was going to use.
- Mugen from Samurai Champloo is expected to be the next pre-order after Spyro the Dragon.
- Not looking into Trigun statues right now.
- Too many other companies are doing Dragon Ball Z (DBZ) right now.
- Packaging approved for Saitama–should be ready around the end of July.
On Various Gaming Franchies
- F4F will not make Last of Us statues, as Gaming Heads has that license and has a good relationship with F4F.
- No F4F Doom or Portal statues–Gaming Heads has those licenses as well.
- Not keen on releasing unpainted statues of any kind.
- Want to see how Alucard and Dracula statues do before moving forward with Castlevania Death statue.
- Would love to do Cloud and Sephiroth Final Fantasy VII statues, but need Square-Enix on-board.
- Hope to have something nice to unveil at NYCC 2017 in October.
- Maybe Alex can sign cards/bases at NYCC 2017.
- The First4Figures Website has been updated with edition sizes for recent pieces earlier today.
- Card holders in the works.
- Day One Hologram Stickers with statue name on them are unlikely due to MOQ (Minimum of Quantity) order number required by the factory.